Part-time freelance content editor and writer sought
1 or 2 days a week from early September 2014 until December 2014 (possible extension) to cover our content strategist's maternity leave. Aprox. £125 a day.
Office space available in Croydon. Ideally you will be able to work a few days from our office initially (although not essential), after this you can work remotely if you wish.
If you are interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Write us a brief email explaining your interest and attach your CV and links to any previous work.
Deadline: Friday 29 August 2014
We are looking for a content editor and writer to work with us to produce content for our website which offers a connection service between therapists and clients.
The ideal person will have experience producing content for a defined content strategy and editorial schedule and will be able to write articles to a high standard themselves. Experience interviewing, ghostwriting or editing the work of others is essential.
Experience working with health or mental health content may be an advantage, but we are not particularly looking for a subject matter expert here. We need someone who can understand the needs of our users and write for them, not other therapists or mental health professionals. We have developed content themes that range from the more expected 'case study' or commentary on therapy practice to themes that use popular culture, arts and sport to talk about mental illness and life issues. There is no shortage of things to talk about and the right person will have an insatiable curiosity and desire to dig for ideas.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the founders as well as social media and SEO consultants.
RSCPP has been connecting quality therapists with clients since 2007 when it was founded by Richard Snowdon and Tommy Newman. We are currently investing in our website to turn it from a functional search service into something more content rich. RSCPP is known for the high standards it sets for therapists and as such will be seeking to develop an authoritative position in the market through its marketing and content strategies.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
· At least 3 - 5 years demonstrable writing experience for a brand or brands OR at
least three years experience as a writer or journalist in a media environment
· Great writing skills, perfect english language, readable and compelling:
demonstrated through a portfolio of work
· Proven ability to react to the news and produce appropriate responses
· Proven ability to pro-actively generate content ideas
· An ability to write for different target audiences
· Proven ability to research a new subject matter and quickly develop enough
expertise to write about it.
· An understanding of the needs of SEO
· Experience promoting content on social media platforms
· Comfortable with technology including CMS and Microsoft office or equivalent
· Sensitive to confidentiality issues
· Curious and interested in people (this one is a MUST)
· Organised, self-starting, confident interviewer
· This is a freelance role so you will need your own laptop
Desirable, but not essential
· Experience working with health or mental health issues
· Experience producing video or audio content, either self-generated or with
· Experience creating an editorial calendar
· Experience working with data to produce a story